The Objectives of the SRMTA shall be:
- To promote the interest of teachers of music in Saskatchewan who are members of the Association.
- To encourage and foster the formation of local branches composed of members of the Association at suitable centers throughout Saskatchewan.
- To promote progressive ideas and methods in teaching of music; to encourage systematic preparation in the art of teaching and to stimulate the acquirement by its members of a high standard of musicianship and general culture.
- To develop and encourage interest in music as a credit in public high-school and university education.
- To promote and assist all movements designed to improve the teaching of music and foster the interest of the public in music and for these purposes to join with other societies and associations having like aims and objects in furthering these purposes.
- To promote and maintain the status of professional music teachers in the province.